I wouldn't claim to have really known John. We'd only met
a few times. But, as I ventured out into a new world he was one of
the people who helped to make me feel welcome and at home. A group
of us had met at the pub for a drink and a natter; a fun, friendly
gathering. And then a few hours later John was gone. By all
accounts he was a good man, liked by all. It seems only right to
mark his passing by recording the tributes that have been paid to
If you would like to add your tribute please go here
mail me direct
- Having met John for the first time at Friday's evening, it is
just beyond my imagination to think the man's gone. He was
quick to greet me, the newcomer in the club. but as i
understand from the various messages, one shall remember him as
joyful and hand on heart a man. We all will.
- He was a nice man,easy to get along with. I will miss Him.
- Tis indeed sad news, made more poignant by the fun on Friday
night. With respect.
- I've just heard about the very sad death of John last night.
He seemed like such a nice chap and I still owe him a beer. He
will be sadly missed.
- As someone who has always appreciated the way so many people
have made me so welcome, it is even more shocking to think that
we have lost someone. At times like this it feels that there
are no words to convey the feelings. With deepest respect.
- He was a nice and friendly man and will be sadly missed by us
all. He attended every event, including the first forays out to
find a suitable venue. Always supportive and active in trying
to establish a local scene. He will be sorely missed and I send
my deepest condolonces to all who's lives he touched.